Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Good Art Bad Art

Good Art Bad Art


            What I consider good art is something that can reach out and touch someones heart. Not only that, but so people can relate to it. There's many things that can be considered good art just because of individual meaning and taste. After all this is subjective. I feel a person can portray good art as something well drawn or painted. Perhaps something unique in which no ones ever seen before. Even art pieces like sculptures. I truly believe that sculptures can be a powerful and good piece of art. For example religious figures, historic figures and so forth.

           Now let's talk about bad art. What is bad art? Well in my view this is a tough question to answer due to how subjective this topic is, as mentioned earlier. What i may view as bad art is something disrespectful towards someone else's beliefs, nation and so on. On top of that I'm guilty and a firm believer that if somethings not properly drawn, painted or sculpted well. Make no mistake i'm no artist myself but you know the old saying " everyone is a critic." I digress a little. Now you may have just read my take on bad art, that does not necessarily mean everyone else would say the same. For instance some would disagree with my opinions and consider everything i call bad art good! If you take a look i'm going to display two pieces of art. One I call good and one I deem as bad.

                             "good" its simple yet the light blue and image of her singing catches me.


                        "bad"   When i see things like this and gets called art, i cringe. After all its just rusted garbage stacked on top of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment